- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- One 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish or smoked paprika, or to taste
- One 28-ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes, including liquid
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add red pepper, garlic, paprika and tomatoes; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add broth and salt; cook, covered, over medium heat 10 minutes.
Working in batches, transfer soup to blender or to food processor fitted with a metal blade. Blend or process on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Alternatively, use an immersion blender to puree soup.
Return soup to saucepan; cook until heated through. Garnish each serving with a tablespoon of yogurt. Sprinkle with minced parsley or basil, if desired.
Tip: For a match made in heaven, serve this soup with cheese toasts or bread-sticks.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Cooking.com. All rights reserved.